Friday, January 4, 2013

January 4 2013

Today we woke up and went right to city university. The campus is amazing and huge! There's another group of kids here that are doing internships through Arcadias study abroad program so we were with them for most of the day. We got a tour of the campus which was long and boring since I am only taking one of my classes there. We all got our ID cards and registered for our classes do i am officially a student at city university! Afterwards we had to take the bus to the London center where our Arcadia taught courses take place. It was my first time riding a double decker bus! Of course we sat on the top.. On the way there i got a Picture by an old fashioned telephone booth...you know the cool red ones... i felt like such a tourist but hey im allowed at least one! The meeting at the London center was just about London and the about our ethnographic presentation that we have to do where we get a city and have to travel there finding our way by ourselves and answer a bunch of questions that have to be answered by observing and talking to British people so I am doing that on Sunday. Luckily my group got notting hill so we just get to walk. Then we got to the train station by ourselves without any help! I actually led the way! And you people said I'm bad with directions... Pshhh. The drivers here are crazy! They will not stop for anyone and they drive so fast! I almost got ran over a numerous amount of times. I guess no jaywalking here...Anyways after the train trilby Frankie and I walked to a store to get a full sized mirror... That was our top priority... Especially since we plan on going out tonight..I also purchased my first bottle of alcohol ... I felt so cool! Me and trilby are trading off on buying that stuff but we also split a dinner that we would make back at the apartment. We made pasta with chicken parm and some banquette. Yum! But as we were cleaning up I burned my whole hand so bad I've never felt water so hot in my life. My whole hand was best red and it still is! We were supposed to go out tonight until we realized we had to wake up at 730 so we decided our big night out would be tomorrow. Phillip, our RLA, was showing the film Notting Hill with Hughe Grant and Julia Roberts. It was appropriate since we are staying in Notting Hill. It's so cool because if I was home watching it I would be saying how beautiful it is and how I want to go there so bad... But I am here!! Afterwards I just went to bed.



















No comments:

Post a Comment