You know what? Today was a really good day! I woke up and got ready to go to class. You know what I said yesterday about always finding a seat.. Yeah well screw that I never had to get up during rush hour to go to class. It was nuts there was no room to even turn your head! We went to the London center and waited for our professor because we all had to walk to the national gallery together. The area where the national gallery was was amazing! I mean the architecture was just unbelievable like every building was just beautiful! It sucked because we weren't allowed to take pictures inside but I did get some nice ones of the outside. We learned about British art for about two hours and then some Dutch pieces for a half hour. Then he sent us off to observe one piece from the British section because we would have to write a paper on it. It actually wasn't that bad, I think this class is going to help me appreciate art in a deeper way then just looking at it. I chose a piece by William Hogarth from his sequence marriage a la mode. Afterwards we walked back and I ate my cute little lunch in the lounge since I had journalism in an hour, and I thought that was going to be a bore but I ended up loving it! Our assignment every week is to pick a paper and get at get at least two papers a week from the same paper. I chose the daily mirror. I think this class is really going to help me mature a little because I used to not give a damn about what is going on in the world but now I have to read the paper and analyze, which is really important since I am in another country where everyone is always reading the paper especially on the tube. So hopefulIy this will carry back to America and I will be interested in what is going on even in other countries. On top of all this, my Oyster card finally came in today! Now I don't have to buy a ticket every time I get in the train! After class I went to the grocery store and took the train home. I did this all by myself and I felt so grown up! Haha I saw my friend Dylan at the London center after class today and they just got here today so now we have other people to go out with instead of the weirdos that usually come out with us. But again i had to ride the train during rush hour and it was so crowded, but it was so cute a man got a seat but then an old lady got on the train and he gave it up for her. I love seeing that stuff, it gives me hope that there still are lots of gentlemen around because that wasn't the first time I've seen that happen. A young man did it for me the other day and it was just so precious. Anyway when I got back me and trilby made feta and spinach omelettes and mine sucked. I thought I knew how to make an omelette but guess not it turned out all spongy and it looked like scrambled egg whites. I just read for the rest of the night and went to sleep. But all of a sudden it has been taking me like two hours to fall asleep! Hopefully that stops soon.







No comments:
Post a Comment