Thursday, January 3, 2013

January 3 2012

Last night was fun we all went to Frankie's room and played kings. The bottle of wine didn't last us long now we know to get two. We woke up this morning and got ready then took the train and got a tour of the city area where our classes would be. We were able to go into the British Museum of art. It was huge and the architecture was just exquisite! Phil, our RLA, took us to the Arcadia building here in London and we sat through a meeting about London from an English guy. Trilby and I went to this cute little cafe called EAT and I got a chicken salad sandwich and a smoothie. Afterwards we sat outside and people watched. Everyone is so well dressed! Even the kids! I also noticed that they talk with their mouths more closed than we do as opposed to Americans who stress their vowels and open their mouths wider. We then sat through another meeting about our classes and had to figure out how to get back to our apartments by ourselves! Now I know what rush hour is it was crazy at the train station! After getting back to the apartment me trilby and Frankie went to this place called Tuk Tuk for dinner. It was a small Thai place and i got fried rice with chicken..soo good! We all had to go shopping at the pharmacy and market to get the necessities we couldn't pack. I felt like such an idiot.. I tried using my travelers check at the counter but little did I know I was supposed to go to an exchange place and get pounds for it. Whoops! Now I think I'm just going to call it a night. I'm exhausted!











No comments:

Post a Comment