Monday, February 18, 2013
February 16 2013
Well today was one heck of an adventure. So it was Deborah's party today and I had all the directions planned out on the journey planner. When we got to paddington rail station we were so scared. It was huge and busy with so many people and announcers..way different than the underground. So I thought I knew what I was doing and thought to take the journey planner step by step so we went to buy our tickets and the total amount was 53 pounds each!! That's about $100! I literally started to tear up and considered going home butt trilby insisted that we go...especially since we already paid for our 50 pound each hotel room. So we make the train and I text Deborah asking why she didn't tell me it was going to cost 70 pounds to get there since we had to stop at another rail station and buy tickets there, she immediately called me and told me that wasn't right and when I told her what I did she said noooo that's not right and to get off at the next station and go to the ticket office and she'll tell me what to do next. So once we got there I had the lady talk to her and we actually got refunded the 53 pounds and the correct tickets ended up being 21 pounds. However, the lady made us feel so stupid she wasn't very nice... Anyway, we finally made it to the right station where Deborah's friend, Lisa, picked us up and took us to the hotel. Little did we know the donnington has about a million different hotels and we went to the wrong one first which scared me to death because when I gave my name they said it wasn't there. Could anything else go wrong?! But eventually we ended up at the right hotel and met Deborah. We got our key to our room and declared that we were going to make the most out of this very expensive trip. So we immediately explored. When we got back to our room we got changed to go workout because of course we were going to make use out of every facility we could! So we worked out in the gym, went in the steam room, aroma room, and the pool which was fantastic. I love the thought of swimming in the winter! We realized we had to start getting ready so we took showers. I asked for robes but little did in know the classic rooms don't get them. Bull crap! The shower stunk too..but we managed. We also brought chocolates and wine to have while we were getting ready which made the whole experience a little more luxurious. By 830 we walked down to the party room, which was actually on the same floor as our room, the first floor...since we got the cheapest room we could.. As soon as we got there we were greeted by Deborah and immediately introduced the only other young guys there..who were actually about 24 hehe oh well they were cute! So Deborah gave them this drink voucher and told them to get us a drink and of course we are always hesitant whenever people ask us what we want at a bar...since we're not used to it so we said the only thing we knew..Coke and rum...then they threw a curve ball at us and asked what kind of rum! Jeez what's with all the questions! So we settled for captain Morgan. We spent awhile talking to them and they kept buying us a drink. We asked aren't we supposed to buy a round...since that's what they do in London and they insisted that they pay. We even had shots of tequila! Gross! Then they said drinks are getting expensive so James's sisters boyfriend had a mini bar in the back of his car so we all made ourselves a drink there which kind if reminded me of home, trying to find ways not to buy drinks. So that was funny we were all just standing in the freezing cold drinking out of a trunk. At some point in the night everyone went outside and lit up these paper lanterns and let them go so they flew up in the sky. It was so beautiful and cute! When we went back inside James asked me if I wanted to dance and this is kind of where we split in to couples because trilby was with Toby, his friend. So I was dancing with him for awhile which got really cute because we were slow dancing too and then he kissed me! Ahh adorable! After the slow dance were dancing how my parents do which was very cool because I've never danced like that. Thank goodness he wasn't one of those guys that just wanted to grind. I would not have accepted that! Later in the night they asked us if we wanted to go out in town with them, his sister who was our age insisted that we go...and I can't believe it but we went! They mentioned it earlier and we said maybe but we knew we wouldn't and we actually did. The funny part was his mom came with us! She reminded me so much of my mom she was dancing the whole night and I loved how she came to the bar/ club with us. (She is friend with Deborah and James is her son and Toby is his friend). So we get the newbury town and they ask us if we have our IDs and me and trilby look at each other and were like uh no nobody told us to go get the ! We felt horrible and they paid for a taxi all the way back to the hotel where we got the and then all the way back to newbury. When we got to the first club we saw his sister and mom and the sisters boyfriend and the mom bought us all another drink. So we were just dancing and stuff and he buys me another drink! Eventually we left that club and went to another one. I loved newbury there were so many places all right next to each other! We only stayed theree for a little and then went to another one! We liked this one because there was more space to dance so we literally danced the whole time. It was so cute when we got there because we were holding hands and he knew the security at the front so we just got to walk right in. I felt so cool. I forgot to mention that James is training to be a police man which makes him ten times hotter...and that he plays soccer. So by 6 o clock we got a taxi back to the hotel, which they also paid for, and they asked if they could come in. We couldn't deny it because they each spent like eighty pounds on us tonight hahah whoops me and trilby didn't spend a dime.. So we were just all in the room for awhile and I have no idea how but 8 o clock rolled around! I had no idea it was that late since the curtains were closed so I thought it was dark out! I was so flabbergasted! We said our goodbyes and had our cute kisses and what not and we kicked them out hahah but I really think we are going to see them again. So they left and we realized we had to be out of our room by 11. So that left us with two hours to sleep...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment